THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE RESULTS OF THE CONTEST, AS DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, ARE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK OR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS OF ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS (as described below) WHO ARE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE CHILD WHO IS THE SUBJECT OF THE ENTRY AS OF EACH SCHOOL NIGHT.Employees of Sponsor and its respective successors, affiliates, franchisees, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Contest. The Contest, and any website pages relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the contiguous United States.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Contest is Marco’s Franchising, LLC. All correspondence and questions pertaining to the Contest should be directed to: Marco’s Pizza, Attn: Chef Marco’s Adventure Nights, 5252 Monroe St., 2nd Floor, Toledo, OH 43623.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Marco’s Pizza “Chef Marco’s Adventure Nights” Contest only on the designated dates (each, a “School Night”) offered by a Participating Marco’s Pizza® Location to benefit one or more local schools who have agreed to participate in the Contest (“Eligible School”). A maximum of one (1) entry per person per School Night is permitted.
To enter, you must (1) place an order on a School Night and mention your Eligible School, (2) complete the Chef Marco activity included with your order, and (3) share a photo of the completed Chef Marco activity as described on the activity instructions (depending on the Eligible School, this may include posting on Facebook/other social media platform, or another designated submission method). Alternatively, you may enter, no purchase necessary, by requesting the Chef Marco activity in-person at a Participating Marco’s Pizza® Location (you must mention your Eligible School with the request) and completing the Chef Marco activity as instructed.
Any submissions that do not comply with these Rules will not be counted as an entry.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRY CONDITIONS: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (“Contest Entities”) shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries, or (d) misrepresenting their authority and status as the parent or legal guardian of the child who is the subject of their entry. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
- PRIZES: The number and type of prizes available may vary based on the Participating Marco’s Pizza® Location, please refer to the Contest Details posted in-store for more information. A Winner may not substitute a prize for its cash equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and/or any other fees/costs associated with the prize or receipt of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or change prizes at any time and at its sole discretion for prizes of equal value.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates.
- DRAWINGS: All eligible entries received on a School Night will be entered into the Contest. Winners will be selected by the applicable Eligible School’s Parent Teacher Association at the conclusion of each School Night, and will be notified by the Participating Marco’s Pizza® Location that their entry was selected. Winner selection is under the supervision of the Participating Marco’s Pizza® Location, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential Winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential Winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential Winner will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to not re-award any undelivered, returned, unclaimed or un-awarded prize.
- CERTAIN ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Entrants assume all risk of loss, damages, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/e-mail submitted to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration of this Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if applicable) the action taken by Sponsor. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated these Official Contest Rules or any element of this Contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Contest Rules. All prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Contest Entities shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be released, discharged, indemnified and held harmless for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, or participation in this Contest and to sign any documents requested by Sponsor to evidence this release. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by technical or human error that may occur and/or that may damage a user’s system, hardware or software or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CIVIL LAW. SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Contest Rules. All prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Contest Entities shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be released, discharged, indemnified, and held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, or participation in this Contest, including, without limitation, the winning and/or use of any prize, and entrant agrees to sign any documents that the Sponsor may request to evidence this release. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest and any prize is provided “AS IS” without representation of warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, or exclusion of the implied warranties, so some of the aforementioned limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or conditions regarding these limitations and/or exclusions.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor to use and/or publish winner’s full name, city and state of residence, videos, photographs or other likenesses, Entry, pictures, portraits, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. This consent and release specifically includes, but is not in any way limited to, the use by Sponsor of photos and other personally identifiable information of the child who is the subject of their entry.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a further condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”); (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.